On the DigiD login screen, you can choose your login method. You need the DigiD app or DigiD with a verification via SMS.
You need a 'burgerservicenummer' to log in.
With DigiD you can also log in outside the Netherlands. Sometimes you need to arrange a few things before you leave.
Outside the Netherlands, the DigiD app is the easiest way to log in. Don't have the app yet? Install and activate the app, preferably before you leave the Netherlands.
Do you prefer logging in with SMS verification? That's possible as well.
- Are you changing your mobile telephone number? Then change your phone number in My DigiD. Do this before you cancel your old number.
- Do you not have SMS verification? Then apply to DigiD for the SMS service. Make sure you do so before you leave the Netherlands.
DigiD on Aruba en Curaçao
Do you live on Aruba or Curaçao and do you have a ‘burgerservicenummer’ (BSN)? Then you can also apply for a DigiD. You will have to meet a few criteria. For more information, visit digid.nl.
Logging in with European digital identity
EU citizens can use their European digital identity and their BSN to log in. This makes a DigiD superfluous. Find out which countries enable the European digital identity.
Is it not possible for you to log in to Mijn DUO? Then use a form to make an application or notify us of a change. The processing time of a form is longer than a digital application.
Messages by post
Are you currently receiving your notifications from DUO digitally, but are you no longer able to log in to Mijn DUO? Then send us an email if you would like to receive your messages by post again. Please state your BSN (‘burgerservicenummer’), full name and date of birth.
How does logging in work?
In order to log in you will need a DigiD.
- The DigiD app is the easiest way to log in. You no longer have to remember a password. All you need is a PIN code of your choice.
- If you do not have a smartphone, you can log in with SMS verification. You log in with your DigiD password and a verification code you receive via SMS.
You forgot your DigiD password of username
Did you forget your DigiD username or password? DigiD will help you.
Try this direct link to open Mijn DUO:
Cookies or a different browser
Clear your cookies or try a different browser.
Are you using Safari on an iPhone or iPad? Make sure you turn off private browsing.
With other browsers DUO usually works best if you enable private browsing.
Update your operating system.
To log in with your DigiD, your device needs to run on at least one of the following operating systems:
For your PC:
- Windows 7 / 8.1
- Windows 10
- OSX 10.9.4 or higher
- iOS 7 or higher
- Android 6 or higher
“Not secure” notification
Is your browser showing a notification that your certificate has expired? Then the certificates ‘domein’ and ‘intermediair G3’ have not been updated automatically on your device. Go to pkioverheid.nl to download and install the following certificates:
- Staat der Nederlanden Organisatie Services CA - G3
- KPN BV PKIOverheid Organisatie Server CA - G3
European digital identity
If you cannot log in with your European digital identity, please contact the organisation that issued your digital identity.